Friday 23 November 2012

29. Hana



Hello everyone, this is Hana’s final Mini Cherry Blog. 
みなさん、こんにちは。これはハナの最後の  「ミニチェリーブログ」です。

Yesterday was the official announcement of my debut, and I am now an Oishii!Kiwi member. You have no clue how thrilled I am to work these amazing girls.
However, it is a little sad to be separated from the other Mini Cherries in Oishii!Lychee, but no worries, O!P is still a large family, and I’ll always be in contact with the girls.

While, current events are taking on a snowball effect, I want this final blog post to be a reflection on what I’ve done so far:

I came into this project realizing that the management saw this form of potential in me to make O!P successful in the future. That’s a lot of pressure, don’t you think?
It means I have to train very hard to become better, stronger, and handle the responsibility as a net idol.
Instead of being scared of not being good enough, I put in all my effort. I couldn’t look back, I just had to try my best.

Since joining O!P I’ve lost over 5 lbs, which has been a challenge for me in last three years. I feel healthy and fit. I now can run 2 miles every day. The entire project, members and staff, know exactly how to motivate each other to do their best. My confidence has sky rocketed, and it has truly helped me along with my training.
My Japanese has improved since I’m currently enrolled in a Japanese course, so I continue practicing outside of class with the members and on my social networks.
The ukulele has always been my niche in this project, but I was only a beginner when I entered. After practicing my playing and singing everyday, I recently visited my father to play together. He was impressed by my improvements in the past 6 months, and now we can enjoy our ukulele duets any time. I hope you guys have also heard improvements, but I’m still learning.

I think the largest challenge was when I finally met Kiwi teammate, Chikage, in New York City. We performed “Aitakatta" by AKB48 at Reni Mimura’s Maid Cafe Re-Opening together. This was my first time singing and dancing in front of any audience. We were so nervous… we practiced very hard to show energy and a strong performance, and I think we got that through to the audience in the end. This was proof of how much we’ve grown together. When I finally met Chikage in person, it was like I’ve always known her. She’s truly a kind person, and she’s so bright; I admire her.

After the performance, J-pop star, Reni Mimura, signed her photocard for me. She wrote “you are a star, Hana-chan" and when she handed it over, she said “Keep going!" with her shining smile. I wanted to cry. She wants me to continue working hard, and I will not fail her. Moments after receiving the autograph, a very tall, young man came up to me, and congratulated me about the performance. He states he is a fan of mine from YouTube, and follows O!P’s updates. He came to this cafe for me….I’ve gotten through to a fan. It was truly a proud moment.



I hope to meet all of the other members at some point in time because we’re not just some performers in some online group….

We’re a family.

Thank you for the experience during my training, and with that, I believe I’m ready for the next step.
Please continue to support the future of O!P.

Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment